Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

After a lot of debugging it turned out that my teb_local_planner configuration was the problem since the problem also persisted when I issued a goal in RViz instead of from code.

As @pavel92 noted, teb_local_planner requires a lot of fine tuning. So I eventually gave up and switched to eband_local_planner which works perfectly for my use case. In my experience eband_local_planner was way simpler to configure and it worked immediately for my diff_drive robot.

After a lot of debugging it turned out that my teb_local_planner configuration was the problem since the problem also persisted when I issued a goal in RViz instead of from code.

As @pavel92 noted, teb_local_planner requires a lot of fine tuning. So I eventually gave up and switched to eband_local_planner which works perfectly for my use case. In my experience eband_local_planner was way simpler to configure and it worked immediately for my diff_drive robot.

(Unfortunately I cannot mark this as answered because I don't have enough points)