Ask Your Question

pyrobat's profile - activity

2016-01-14 04:15:07 -0600 received badge  Great Question (source)
2015-10-26 13:03:12 -0600 received badge  Notable Question (source)
2015-10-26 13:03:12 -0600 received badge  Famous Question (source)
2015-06-29 02:11:20 -0600 received badge  Famous Question (source)
2013-12-23 05:30:37 -0600 received badge  Popular Question (source)
2013-06-05 21:24:21 -0600 received badge  Famous Question (source)
2013-05-09 08:04:26 -0600 received badge  Good Question (source)
2013-05-02 02:21:45 -0600 received badge  Notable Question (source)
2013-04-20 07:04:02 -0600 received badge  Popular Question (source)
2013-04-19 23:01:07 -0600 received badge  Nice Question (source)
2013-04-18 12:30:57 -0600 asked a question Using robot_state_publisher with a .sdf file

Looking at the documentation of robot_state_publisher, it appears that the package is really only compatible with the .urdf format. Could it work with .sdf?

If not, what would be the recommended way to create the /tf data from an .sdf model loaded in Gazebo?

My initial thoughts are to grab data from the /gazebo/link_states topic and work it into the tf format ala something like the Writing a tf broadcaster (C++) tutorial. Running this on Ubuntu 12.04 with ROS Groovy. I appreciate any insights.

2013-04-03 16:39:48 -0600 received badge  Supporter (source)
2013-04-03 16:39:29 -0600 commented answer OpenNI/NITE incompatible in Fuerte/Groovy on Precise

As of posting, I still had to follow the instructions from isura to not get the error on Groovy Ubuntu 12.04

2013-02-22 13:01:11 -0600 asked a question Odd Custom Message Creation Behavior

Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting strange behaviors on the message generation of a simple message. I'm using ros fuerte, on Ubuntu 12.04 with everything up to date. I've made the following "simple.msg"

Header header

I generate it using rosmake, with rosbuild_genmsg() set. When I try to import this message, using

 #include "msgTest/simple.h" 
It fails giving me this error
msgTest/simple.h:92:39: error: expected primary-expression before ‘==’ token I looked at the simple.h in (msg_gen/cpp/include/msgTest/simple.h) that was auto generated, and here is what seems to be causing the error.

template<class containerallocator="">
struct Definition< ::msgTest::simple_<containerallocator> > {
  static const char* value() 
  {
    return "Header header
\n\
\n\
================================================================================\n\
MSG: std_msgs/Header\n\
# Standard metadata for higher-level stamped data types.\n\
# This is generally used to communicate timestamped data \n\
# in a particular coordinate frame.\n\
# \n\
# sequence ID: consecutively increasing ID \n\
uint32 seq\n\
#Two-integer timestamp that is expressed as:\n\
# * stamp.secs: seconds (stamp_secs) since epoch\n\
# * stamp.nsecs: nanoseconds since stamp_secs\n\
# time-handling sugar is provided by the client library\n\
time stamp\n\
#Frame this data is associated with\n\
# 0: no frame\n\
# 1: global frame\n\
string frame_id\n\
\n\
";
  }

Its seems like the newline character is being place on the next line as I expect it to be more like "Header header \n..." Any help would be much appreciated, as some other files that I made behave as expected.

2012-11-15 01:47:40 -0600 received badge  Notable Question (source)
2012-11-04 13:37:09 -0600 received badge  Popular Question (source)
2012-09-18 14:25:04 -0600 received badge  Student (source)
2012-09-17 15:00:34 -0600 asked a question Adjusting the default clipping distance on Gazebo

I have a large world file, and unfortunately the default clipping distance (in UserCamera.cc) is set such that I cannot view my entire world on screen. So far, I have worked around this by:
1. Deleting the ROS_NOBUILD in the gazebo folder located in /opt/ros/fuerte/stacks/simulator_gazebo
2. Performing a '$rosmake gazebo' as root
3. Modifying the UserCamera.cc
4. Doing a '$make', '$make install', and '$ldconfig' as root in the appropriate build folder to propagate the changes.
While this worked on prior gazebo releases, with the newest gazebo release (1.6.16) the GAZEBO_RESOURCE_PATH does not seem to be set correctly after going through this process. Besides, I would like to not have to mess around with a rosmake of gazebo (which I know is ill advised) so an alternative solution would be welcome.