Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

[MoveIt!] Can't plan to a pose goal

Hi,

I'm using a simple 4 DoF arm and want to use MoveIt! to calculate and execute trajectories for it. I followed the setup tutorial and the Move Group Python Interface Tutorial which allow me to give the pr2 a pose goal to which he then plans a trajectory.

However, when I'm using this approach on my own model it doesn't work. I tried various Cartesian coordinates as pose goal, some that he is definitively able to reach, but I always receive:

"Fail: ABORTED: No motion plan found. No execution attempted." and "RRTConnect: Unable to sample any valid states for goal tree"

I even (unsuccessfully) tried to move to the current position using:

pose_target = group.get_current_pose()
group.set_pose_target(pose_target)

The second application from the tutorial of planning to a joint-space goal is working correctly.

The planning group I use contains all 4 joints of the arm nothing else (I also tried a group containing all joints and links). I also added an end-effector in the setup, but it didn't help.

This problem is annoying me for some time already, every hint or solution is welcomed :)

[MoveIt!] Can't plan to a pose goal

Hi,

I'm using a simple 4 DoF arm and want to use MoveIt! to calculate and execute trajectories for it. I followed the setup tutorial and the Move Group Python Interface Tutorial which allow me to give the pr2 a pose goal to which he then plans a trajectory.

However, when I'm using this approach on my own model it doesn't work. I tried various Cartesian coordinates as pose goal, some that he is definitively able to reach, but I always receive:

"Fail:

Fail: ABORTED: No motion plan found. No execution attempted." and "RRTConnect: attempted.

and

RRTConnect: Unable to sample any valid states for goal tree"

tree

I even (unsuccessfully) tried to move to the current position using:

pose_target = group.get_current_pose()
group.set_pose_target(pose_target)

The second application from the tutorial of planning to a joint-space goal is working correctly.

The planning group I use contains all 4 joints of the arm nothing else (I also tried a group containing all joints and links). I also added an end-effector in the setup, but it didn't help.

This problem is annoying me for some time already, every hint or solution is welcomed :)