ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Index | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org
Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Looks like I was a little fast to ask on this one, right before I was about to call one of our contacts I came up with a better google search word and found the driver I was searching for, even more I got everything to run after a little tempering, I now get the raw data I was searching for.

Here's what I did to get there: 1. Found the driver serial_port which the codai_sick_s300 was programmed to use: searched for: svn code "serial_port" 2. The codai driver used one deprecated method and a false name. stacks/codai_sick_s300/ros/src/codai_sick_s300_standard.cpp => codai_sick_s300.cpp Then in the same file: set_intensities_size(num_readings); => intensities.resize(num_readings); set_ranges_size(num_readings); => ranges.resize(num_readings);

After that everything was able to compile just fine, made a launch for it, attached and started the scanner, and got the data.

Looks like I was a little fast to ask on this one, right before I was about to call one of our contacts I came up with a better google search word and found the driver I was searching for, even more I got everything to run after a little tempering, I now get the raw data I was searching for.

Here's what I did to get there: 1. Found the driver serial_port which the codai_sick_s300 was programmed to use: searched for: svn code "serial_port" 2. The codai driver used one deprecated method and a false name. name.

stacks/codai_sick_s300/ros/src/codai_sick_s300_standard.cpp => codai_sick_s300.cpp codai_sick_s300.cpp

Then in the same file: file:

set_intensities_size(num_readings); => intensities.resize(num_readings); set_ranges_size(num_readings); => ranges.resize(num_readings);

After that everything was able to compile just fine, made a launch for it, attached and started the scanner, and got the data.

Looks like I was a little fast to ask on this one, right before I was about to call one of our contacts I came up with a better google search word and found the driver I was searching for, even more I got everything to run after a little tempering, I now get the raw data I was searching for.

Here's what I did to get there: 1. Found the driver serial_port which the codai_sick_s300 was programmed to use: searched for: svn code "serial_port" 2. The codai driver used one deprecated method and a false name.

stacks/codai_sick_s300/ros/src/codai_sick_s300_standard.cpp => codai_sick_s300.cpp

Then in the same file:

set_intensities_size(num_readings); => intensities.resize(num_readings); set_ranges_size(num_readings); => ranges.resize(num_readings);

After that everything was able to compile just fine, made a launch file for it, attached and started the scanner, and got the data.