Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

So I figured out the reason behind having to set my multiplier to 0.195 was that my hub motors have a 5:1 gearbox inside and I was not considering that in my hardware interface. So I was multiplying by 0.195 (essentially 0.2, the gear ratio) to get accurate readings. By considering the gear ratio in my hardware interface, I now get accurate readings.

In terms of the position data suddenly reversing at high speeds, I believe this has to do with my code and some overflow management I used from someone else that was wrong for my application. I've now changed my motor controller code to calculate the wheel position using a different function provided by the motor controller and no longer get the problem.