Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

The ZED creates its own base_link which I found to be problematic. Here is where it is created:

https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-ros-wrapper/blob/3c643fc9f75f1053db31931542fda7ac149a2ff3/zed_wrapper/urdf/zed_descr.urdf.xacro#L51

I added the frames from the ZED manually to my URDF and setting the publish_urdf argument to false for zed_camera.launch

https://github.com/bob-ROS/asc_project/blob/cc397c66f2c9a6b7bff4dc3b8e521d333297ec15/asc_description/urdf/asc.urdf_real.xacro#L205

You could probably resolve this by rewriting the existing zed URDF file to not use the base_link and then connect your existing base_link to e.g. "zed_base_link".

The ZED creates its own base_link which I found to be problematic. Here is where it is created:

https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-ros-wrapper/blob/3c643fc9f75f1053db31931542fda7ac149a2ff3/zed_wrapper/urdf/zed_descr.urdf.xacro#L51

I added the frames from the ZED manually to my URDF and setting the publish_urdf argument to false for zed_camera.launch

https://github.com/bob-ROS/asc_project/blob/cc397c66f2c9a6b7bff4dc3b8e521d333297ec15/asc_description/urdf/asc.urdf_real.xacro#L205

  <link name="zed_camera_center">
    <visual>
      <origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="0 0 0"/>
      <geometry>
        <mesh filename="package://asc_description/meshes/ZED/ZED.stl"/>
      </geometry>
      <material name="light_grey">
        <color rgba="0.8 0.8 0.8 0.8"/>
      </material>
    </visual>   </link> 

  <joint name="base_to_camera" type="fixed">
    <origin xyz="0.149 0 0.49" rpy="0 -0.1 0"/> <!-- tune pitch here -->
    <parent link="base_link"/>
    <child link="zed_camera_center"/>   </joint>   <link name="camera_link_pc"/>   <joint name="camera_to_pc" type="fixed">
    <origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="-1.57 0 -1.57"/>
    <parent link="zed_camera_center"/>
    <child link="camera_link_pc"/>   </joint>
     <!-- Left Camera -->   <joint name="zed_left_camera_joint" type="fixed">
    <parent link="zed_camera_center"/>
    <child link="zed_left_camera_frame"/>
    <origin xyz="0 0.06 0" rpy="0 0 0"/>   </joint>   <link name="zed_left_camera_frame"/>   <joint name="zed_left_camera_optical_joint" type="fixed">
    <origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="-1.57079632679 0.0
-1.57079632679"/>
    <parent link="zed_left_camera_frame"/>
    <child link="zed_left_camera_optical_frame"/> </joint>   <link name="zed_left_camera_optical_frame"/> <!-- Right Camera -->   <joint name="zed_right_camera_joint" type="fixed">
    <parent link="zed_camera_center"/>
    <child link="zed_right_camera_frame"/>
    <origin xyz="0 -0.06 0" rpy="0 0 0"/>   </joint>   <link name="zed_right_camera_frame"/>   <joint name="zed_right_camera_optical_joint" type="fixed">
    <origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="-1.57079632679 0.0
-1.57079632679"/>
    <parent link="zed_right_camera_frame"/>
    <child link="zed_right_camera_optical_frame"/> </joint>   <link name="zed_right_camera_optical_frame"/>

You could probably resolve this by rewriting the existing zed URDF file to not use the base_link and then connect your existing base_link to e.g. "zed_base_link".