Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Ok so I feel a little stupid about this one.

I first tried the uvc_camera library and ran it with this launch file and it worked:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<launch>
  <!-- Camera -->
  <node ns="/camera" pkg="uvc_camera" type="uvc_camera_node" name="camera">
    <param name="device" value="/dev/video0"/>
  </node>
</launch>

I then tried another uvc camera library that gives more access to the see3cam_10CUG's exposure parameters, which is here: https://github.com/dgossow/see3cam

Problem here is two fold. That special see3cam library is actually for the see3ceam_10CUG_C camera, which is the color version, hence why it was giving me the weird bayer encoding for the monochrome image.

I then deleted this package and tried to go back to using the uvc_camera library. To my horror I'd get the same messed up picture. The problem here is that the see3cam library uses the same package name as uvc_camera, and even though I had deleted the source and ran catkin_make, the binaries were still in the build folder and they were getting loaded when I was trying to load the regular uvc_camera driver. So, I deleted the build folder, rebuilt without the see3cam package and everything worked and went back to normal.

I wish libuvc_camera worked with this camera, so I could get on the fly exposure control, but I spent a day on trying to get it to work and couldn't so uvc_camera it is.

Thanks