Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Finally fixed this problem by editing the file roscpp_initializer.cpp (catkin_ws/src/moveit/moveit_ros/planning_interface/py_bindings_tools/src) to avoid generating a number at the end of the node name so that I can reference it in my launch file (thanks to gvdhoorn for pointing me in the right direction).

I changed

ros::init(fake_argc, fake_argv, ROScppNodeName(),
ros::init_options::AnonymousName | ros::init_options::NoSigintHandler);

to

ros::init(fake_argc, fake_argv, ROScppNodeName(), ros::init_options::NoSigintHandler);

Then I went to my move_group.launch file and added the following

  <group ns="move_group_commander_wrappers">
    <rosparam command="load" file="$(find fanuc_lrmate200id_moveit_config)/config/kinematics.yaml"/>
  </group>

After running catkin_make, my code now outputs that it is using the correct solve_type